Monday, December 18, 2006

Hilary Duff plays Pop Star in movie War, Inc.


(CBS) Hilary Duff is very excited about her upcoming movie, "War, Inc." which she's currently filming in Bulgaria.

"As you know, in the movie with me are John Cusack, his sister Joan, Ben Kingsley and Marisa Tomei," Duff wrote on her AOL blog Friday. "I am so happy and I'm in awe of how it is coming together."

A publicist for Duff tells The Showbuzz that the actress plays a Russian pop star named Yonica in the film.

Even though that sounds like it's not much of a stretch for Duff, who has released a few pop albums herself, she said she's playing "a character who's nothing like me.""I took a risk with this character and for the first time, I feel that my acting has grown which has allowed me to make outlandish choices on screen," said Duff. "We have explosions, comedy, drama, dancing and singing. There is so much stuff that happens."

Duff added that filming will continue for the next "few weeks."

No comments: